There are so many brilliant things to do in London in the summer.
We love London all year round, but when the temperatures rise and the sun actually shines, the streets are all the more magical. Here are some of our favourite things to do in the summer in London – how many will you get done before the seasons turn? (Free things are marked ?, cheap-as-chips things are marked ?!)
Games to play
1) Zip-line over a south London park
2) Go out to bat at Roof East’s sluggers’ cages ?
3) Shake your putt at an outdoor crazy golf course ?
4) Test your lawn bowling prowess in the City
5) Play croquet on the roof of Skylight
6) Ride the slide, one last time, at Last Days of Shoreditch
7) Abseil off the Orbit Tower while the sun shines
8) Learn to swing on a trapeze in the sunshine
Find some culture outdoors
9) Join a disco dance party on Brixton’s legendary roof terrace
10) Watch a film beneath the stars at an open-air cinema
11) See a play outdoors at Regents Park Open Air Theatre
12) Take a wander through Hyde Park to the Serpentine Pavillion ?
13) Or find all the installations in the Frieze Sculpture Garden ?
14) Have a good old rave at South West Four festival
15) Soak up the vibes at Notting Hill Carnival ?
Fun on the water
16) Go on a pedalo ride on a London lake ?
17) Take a plunge into a heated London lido… ?
18) …or dare to dip in the natural waters of Hampstead Ponds ?
19) Hire your own little electric boat for a picnic on the water
20) Go on a dinner cruise along Regents Canal
21) Play in the fountains on the South Bank or Granary Square ?
22) Kayak through east London in a cow-coloured canoe
23) Set sail in your very own floating hot tub
Food and drink
24) Enjoy a Pimm’s pitcher on a sunny terrace
25) Chill all the way out at Below Zero’s ice bar
26) Head to a local green space for a DIY barbecue ?
27) Go for a walk by the river and try some Thames-side pubs
28) Have an Italian feast at Selfridges’ rooftop restaurant
29) Sip cocktails by a campfire at Midnight Apothecary
30) Laze away the afternoon in a smashing pub garden ?
31) Enjoy a picnic in one of London’s gorgeous parks ?
32) Watch the world drift by at a waterside restaurant
33) Sink a few drinks at a sexy rooftop bar
34) Have an al fresco feast in a street food courtyard ?
A bonus suggestion…
⭐️Sipping on a Pimm’s No 1. Cup is the perfect way to celebrate the summer. For some rather excellent serve inspiration this August, head on over to www.anyoneforpimms.com. For all the facts visit drinkaware.co.uk. (Sponsored) ⭐️
35) Go deer spotting in Richmond Park ?
36) Frolic with the animals at a city farm ?
37) Climb Greenwich Park’s hill and enjoy the sunset ?
38) Explore the butterfly house and gardens at Horniman Museum ?
39) Throw paint at your pals at a Holi-inspired party
40) Hire a bicycle and explore a beautiful cycle route ?
41) Get profile pics for days at this photogenic lavender field ?
42) See Kensington’s flower-covered pub in full bloom ?
43) Explore the grounds of a gothic castle
44) Mosy through the mighty greenhouses of Kew Gardens
45) Feel the sand between your toes at an urban beach ?
Get out of town (we’ll allow it just this once)
46) Grab a bucket and spade and find a beach near London
47) Stay overnight in one of these magical treehouses
48) Get some fresh air at once of these seaside towns
49) Hire one of these huge, party-friendly houses for your squad
50) Treat yourself to some glamping in the countryside
51) Hop on a sleeper train and wake up in the Highlands…
52) …or jump on a Eurostar all the way to Amsterdam!
[Header photo: @missagi101]