It’s been nearly a month since your last pay cheque came in and, boy, don’t you know it. Life has become dull as you’ve been on your best frugal behaviour and have avoided all the friends who influence you to do bad things with your wallet. Your cupboards are almost bare and you’re in a constant state of longing for delicious, expensive food. But payday is in sight and you can almost feel the digital money enter your bank account…
1. F**k, I’m broke.
2. It’s fine, I can survive on tinned beans/tuna/cold tomatoes for 3 more days.
3. Besides, come Friday I’ll be lapping up a well-deserved 3-course meal.
5. I’ll definitely curb my spending habits next month.
6. None of this extravagant snack buying at work.
7. Those £4 giant triple chocolate chip cookies are just so goddamn good…
8. STOP IT. I shall be a frugal god/goddess.
9. And at the end of the month I’ll spend the money I save on something worthwhile.
10. Like a handbag…
11. *Goes on Net-A-Porter. Sees price.*
12. Or not a handbag…
13. I better text the gang and see what their plans are for Friday.
14. I’ve been such a boring, social recluse recently.
15. We’ll definitely need a few drinks to celebrate coming out of bankruptcy.
16. Note to self: on the way home, use public transport.
17. I will NOT waste another penny on an Uber…
18. Unless it’s super late… or cold… or I’m tired… or on my own.
19. Because after payday, what’s a fiver here or there, right?
20. For now, I’m going to make a list of things I need to buy as soon as I get paid.
21. Sensible things, of course, like a big food shop, toiletries…
22. … that coat I saw last week in Zara.
23. … I swear it’s getting even colder in London.
24. But that will be the only thing I will treat myself to.
25. When pay day finally comes:
26. One week after pay day: F**k I’m broke
And so it begins…
If you’re broke and need cheap things to do in London, have a look at these ideas…
Featured Image Credit: Instagram @Bakerphotos1