The tube isn’t ordinarily the place for conversation but on these rare occasions when people do *gasp* talk to one another, you guys have been there to catch these snippets of wonderful comedy.
1. The everyday struggle of the middle class…
2. No seriously, these are first world problems. Not.
3. Those commuters who think they’re Rambo
Just overheard a man saying to his wife on the tube "if you want to sit down I'll kick that young boy off" OH WILL YOU NOW MR MAN #brute
— Nicholas Nightingale (@n_nightingale96) March 12, 2017
4. The downright scandalous
— CLT (@CamLasTrib) March 14, 2017
5. All the cheeky kids
*overheard on the tube*
"Mummy, what does delay mean?"
"It is when you are late."
"I'm delay to school on most days."
— Nik Guiney, CSC (@guineypigs) February 17, 2017
6. We actually love kids on the tube
Overheard on the tube:
"Why don't you ever let me have my own Diet Coke?"
"Because you're *five*."
— Brendan (@brenway) February 27, 2017
7. Oh, the daily northerner…
8. Nothing like some tube wisdom
Overheard on the tube: "Never think you're losing in life. What you do is learn – you never lose."
Sunday night wisdom.
— Chiara 🌻 (@chiaracecs) January 29, 2017
9. No, no we do not.
10. When you just don’t ask questions about what other people get up to in their spare time
Overheard a man off the tube address someone on his mobile as *lover* shortly before asking them, "Are you dressed as a clown?"
— Nuri Tal (@CastNuri) November 23, 2016
11. Those beloved anecdotes on the weather
Overheard on the Tube: "I love listening to the rain, but I wish I was in bed listening to it."
YOU LIVE IN LONDON. YOU'D BE IN BED 24/7.
— jean claude van gosh darn diddly doo (@stphfrndz) November 20, 2016
12. Those Londoners that think this is the six nations
— Fergus Small (@ferg_s) March 23, 2017
13. The struggle of the ageing hipster
Overheard on the tube.
"You don't get as many sorts towards Shoreditch on the Central Line as you used to. Everyone's a bit old…" #tfl
— Em (@empointer) March 16, 2017
14. One we’ve all considered on those busy Monday mornings #guilty
Even though I'm not pregnant, I want a 'baby on board' pin, so I can have a seat
— OverheardontheTube (@OverheardTube) January 19, 2012
15. Honorary vegan?
— Alex Gilbert (@Alex_Gilbert22) May 22, 2016