Looking for things to do in London this May Bank Holiday?
Three days of sunshine We got you covered, sister! The sun is going to shine for THREE WHOLE DAYS, and there are even a whole bunch of free things to do, so there’s really no excuse to hibernate inside. LET’S DO THIS THING. [Header photo: @tmnikonian]
1) Try an avocado gelato at Selfridges.
2) Or grab a sunny lunch at their rooftop restaurant.
3) Or check out John Lewis’ rooftop garden, just down the road.
4) Play croquet on a rooftop in Wapping.
5) Or lawn bowls on a rooftop in Stratford.
6) Grab a cocktail on the roof terrace at Waterloo’s Bar Elba.
7) Or catch a movie on the roof of Peckham’s Bussey Building.
8) Have a casual dinner at Pergola Paddington.
9) Marvel at all the British flags on Regent Street.
10) Or have an unbeleafable time at The Prince’s floral courtyard.
11) See lots of pretty barges in Little Venice at Canalway Cavalcade.
12) Explore this pretty beautiful exhibition in Spitalfields.
13) See the Impressionists at Tate Britain.
14) Or the new abstract photography exhibition at the Tate Modern.
15) Or their Picasso exhibition.
16) Or the creepy-as-fuck puppet in the basement.
17) See some outsider photography at the Barbican.
18) You could wander around their conservatory on Sundays, too.
19) Or see the Sony World Photography Awards at Somerset House.
20) Check out the Rodin and Ancient Greece exhibition at the British Museum.
21) And then have very classy cocktails at the Coral Room afterwards.
22) Or check out the really surreal arcade around the corner.
23) Have a pint at a pretty Thames-side pub.
24) While away the afternoon in a beautiful beer garden.
25) Watch the world go by from a Regents Canal bar.
26) Hire a Santander cycle and go for a bike ride.
27) Or just watch some very posh people go on a spiffing bike ride.
28) Or hit up a cycling festival.
29) Marvel at the pretty pink flowers at Isabella Plantation.
30) Walk through the blossom in Greenwich Park.
31) (Pretend you’re driving the DLR on the way there.)
32) Or frolic in the bluebells in this east London wood.
33) Behold the lovingly restored greenhouse at Kew Gardens.
34) Take a wander through Walthamstow’s Wetlands.
35) Design your dream house at Grand Designs Live.
36) Top up your health at the BE:FIT fitness festival.
37) Dance along to Prince at the Purple Reign club night.
38) Rave beneath a fire-breathing spider at Arcadia.
39) Dance until dawn at Fabric.
40) Chill out at a classic candlelit concert.
41) Watch an epic all-women pro-wrestling match.
42) Party all day in Hackney Wick.
43) Join a glittering masquerade ball in Covent Garden.
44) Watch Groundhog Day. Twice. Then go bowling.
45) Hop on a train and hit the beach.
46) Or just go to Fulham and hit the fake beach.
47) Choose one of these 100 day trips at random and go!
48) Binge-watch the new post-apocalyptic Netflix series, The Rain.
49) Hire your own electric boat and go on a cruise.
50) Pick up some produce at a weekend market.
51) Love your local lido with a swim in an outdoor pool.
52) Climb the magical Hampstead Hill Pergola.
53) Go curry crazy at KERB’s all-South Asian street food market on the Southbank.
54) Or check out the new street food hall in Fulham.
55) Go play crazy golf outdoors while the sun is shining.
56) Have a look at the weird dinosaurs in Crystal Palace park.
57) Visit a crystal grotto on the very edge of London.
58) Go see Avengers: Infinity War, since everybody else is.
59) Combine karaoke with… bottomless brunch?
60) Try your luck at getting a Paradise Pod during Coppa Club’s soft launch.
61) Go on a wander and see how many of London’s iconic Instagram angles you can collect.
62) See some animals while they’re still cute little babies at a city farm.
63) Go to a really boring conference.
64) Paddle your own canoe.
65) Go on a £1 bus tour of London.
66) Work your way through the world’s longest espresso martini menu in Soho.
67) Eat loads of ramen. Why not?
68) Grab a fresh bouquet of flowers from Columbia Road.
69) Watch a very drunk person attempt to perform Shakespeare.
70) Go mudlarking on the Thames.
Inevitably, attempt a BBQ in London Fields (but it can’t be a disposable one!)
71) Climb a hill and enjoy the view.
72) Take a boat trip using just your Oyster Card!
73) Take part in a FREE yoga class in Covent Garden piazza.
74) Grab a £5 margarita from Wahaca.
75) Or learn to make slime like a Youtuber in Fitzrovia.