It seems like almost every week we’re hearing that London will be matching the temperatures of Los Angeles or Madrid but hallelujah, London is actually getting warmer. As we all swap our turtlenecks for t-shirts, here are some thoughts that are bound to cross our minds…
1. Beer gardens are made to be appreciated in the sun, right?
— Jasmine Lee Kennedy (@jasmichu) April 7, 2017
2. We gain a whole new appreciation for Vitamin D…
— Nena (@NenaKaz) March 15, 2017
3. When it’s actually hot enough to contemplate sun protection *gasps*
4. It’s a surefire way to get any Londoner to crack a smile.
Feeling the sun on my skin always fills me with pure joy☀️ #sunnylondon
— Daniel Pye (@danieljpye) February 17, 2017
5. When the sun’s out, it’s automatically the weekend. Duh.
— Kerr Recruitment (@kerrrecruitment) February 17, 2017
6. When you forget you have to travel home in what is essentially a tin can with no ventilation.
The central line is the hottest tube line because it's the closest to hell
— Natalya Lobanova (@NatalyaLobanova) August 19, 2016
7. But the good weather often ends up lasting all of half an hour…
— Ida Chan (@IdaSensei) April 4, 2017
8. *Londoners collectively jumping for joy*
— Kimberly Paulus (@KimberlyHPaulus) March 27, 2017
9. I mean, why the hell not? This is a very rare occassion.
— Raluca Petrut (@raluthecanadian) March 15, 2017
10. “Strange yellow ball of heat” = generally an alien concept here in London Town.
— Janice Parker FEPAA (@JAExecAssistant) March 15, 2017
11. Don’t take it for granted, people!
12. And lastly, the line that can literally be used at any point in the week: