Whenever us Brits venture abroad, we all end up participating in a little social media smugness. Whether it’s with the poolside cocktail pic, the tan line selfie, or the inevitable ‘hotdogs or legs’ sun lounger snap, chances are, you’ve joined in.
In fact, a recent study by Schofields showed that 40% of millennials actually select their holiday locations based on ‘social media sharing potential’. In other words: a huge chunk of the population cares more about what their holiday looks like than what it actually involves. Scary stuff.
But, whether or not you agree with this thoroughly modern phenomenon, nobody can deny that London should be up there on that visual destination list. So, without further ado, here are ten reasons London has to be the snap-happiest place on earth:
1. The view of St Paul’s Cathedral from Madison Rooftop Bar
2. Clos Maggoire, aka the prettiest restaurant you’ve ever seen
3. Bread Ahead doughnuts at Borough Market
4. Even the rain can’t stop London looking lovely
5. The quirky street art in Shoreditch (that happens to be perfect for posing in front of)
6. We even have wild deer roaming round Richmond Park
7. Covent Garden. Just, in general. It’s perfect.
8. The blossoming front doors in Notting Hill
9. Quirky shops like God’s Own Junkyard in Walthamstow