The Thames Path is a 180 mile stretch from Gloucestershire to East London but, since we’re all about London, we’ve cut the trek down to a *relatively* short journey from Richmond to Greenwich, crossing various bridges and stopping at some great spots along the way — including art galleries, touristy hangouts, bars, pubs, and garden oases. We are by no means suggesting that you tackle this all in one day… you couldn’t possibly squeeze it all in. But chop it up into parts, and you’ll have some jolly good days up your sleeve.
1. Kew Gardens
2. Dine at Banyon on the Thames
Banyon on the Thames is a wonderful riverside restaurant with a fantastic choice of food. And if you book ahead with our friends at Fever, you can enjoy a 3-course meal for just £20.
3. Battersea Park and Peace Pagoda
4. Putt in the Park
While you’re in the park, why not try out your putting skills in a game of crazy golf. Grab a mate or a date and head on over to Fever to book 2 tickets for £17.
Cross over Chelsea Bridge
5. Glance over at Battersea Power Station
Now tainted with cranes, Battersea Power Station is soon (well, in 2020) going to be home to Apple’s new offices.
6. Visit the Tate Britain
Ogle at some fine art in the Tate Britain, sister to the Tate Modern. And if you’re an art buff, there’s a David Hockney exhibition starting next month!
7. Wander through Victoria Tower Gardens
8. Explore Westminster
Do the typical tourist thing and take some snaps with Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, etc.
Cross Westminster Bridge
9. Stroll along the Southbank
Past the London Eye, the aquarium, the London dungeons, etc.
Cross over at Golden Jubilee Bridge, and walk along Victoria Embankment.
10. Somerset House
A photo posted by Georgie 🌸 (@georgiehoole) on
Cross over Waterloo Bridge
11. Stroll along past the National Theatre and the OXO Tower
12. Stop for a cocktail at the Rumpus Room at The Mondrian
13. Marvel at some modern art at the Tate Modern
14. Immerse yourself in history at Shakespeare’s Globe
15. Scare yourself silly at the Clink Prison Museum
16. Scoff your face at Borough Market
Cross over London Bridge
17. Make a slight detour to the Sky Garden and take in the magnificent views
18. Explore the stunning St Dunstan’s in the East
19. Walk along the river to the Tower of London…
20. …and take some classic snaps of Tower Bridge
21. Take some time wandering around St Katharine Docks
Have a pint at The Dicken’s Inn or head to a Medieval Banquet (yes, you heard). Find out more and book your tickets here.
22. Grab (another) pint at The Prospect of Whitby in Wapping, one of the oldest pubs in London
23. Get away from the buzz and bustle at Crossrail Place Roof Garden
24. Take a ride on the Emirates Airline (because someone needs to).
Why not try out some yoga on a floating garden oasis? The ultimate serenity!
Feature Image: Flickr/Chris Chabot