It’s October again. It’s funny how the months do that… return. And so quickly. But we’re excited to have October back in London for another year, bringing with it the joys of Regent’s Park draped in its autumnal cloak and the relighting of cosy pub fires. October brings the colourful and cultural festival of Diwali and the admittedly more commercialised but nevertheless fun Halloween. We’ll begin to be bombarded by the first bouts of Christmas marketing (joy), but then we can also legitimately (sort of) indulge in early-set Christmas excitement. Oh, and on top of it all, London has a pretty spectacular line up of events in store.
1. London’s parks will start to look more like this
2. We can get lost in a world of words at the London Literature Festival
It comes to the Southbank Centre from 5th – 16th October.
3. London Cocktail Week gives us an excuse to try a different tipple every day
And do so in absolute style. LCW runs from 3rd – 9th October across 250 London bars, as well as the pop up Cocktail Village in Old Spitalfields Market. To find out more and to buy your festival pass, click here.
4. There’ll be even more tipple-based fun at Chivas Regal’s blending pop up
Running from 3rd October until late November, Chivas Regal’s whisky experience ‘The Blend’ brings blending masterclasses to East London’s Truman Brewery. Londoners will be able to blend their very own whisky and take their own personalised bottle to enjoy at home! You can book the experience now.
5. But if you’re more beer than spirits, OktoberFest makes its way to London
Check out the various celebrations happening across London here.
6. For ultimate foodies, there’s a wonderful Thai Food Festival coming to Spitalfields
Brought to you by Chang beer, this sensory food extravaganza will run in Old Spitalfields Market on 14th October.
7. And for the sweet tooth amongst you, The Chocolate Show returns to London Olympia
Between 14th-16th October, indulge in the delights of the Chocolate Show. (We really see ourselves getting quite portly this month.)
8. And after all that eating, you now have the excuse to curl up by a fire.
For an extra cosy hideout this October, check out our favourite London fireplaces.
9. Africa on the Square brings some colour to Trafalgar Square
A day celebrating Africa will bring the Square to life on 15th October.
10. And to continue a weekend of partying in Trafalgar, you can celebrate Diwali the next day
On Sunday 16th October, hundreds will again gather on Trafalgar Square to celebrate the Indian festival.
11. BFI Film festival brings the red carpet to London
Between 5th-16th October, various events and screenings will happen across London. You can have a look at a snapshot of the 12 day line up here.
12. Lazarus – David Bowie’s musical comes to London.
As we mentioned a few months ago, David Bowie’s musical is set to open in London on 25th October.
13. And we can’t forget Halloween…
Because everyone loves a reason to (see dogs) dress up.
14. And London ComicCon gives Londoners another excuse to delve into their fancy dress boxes
It arrive at London ExCeL between 28th – 30th October.
15. The celebration of American football returns to Regent Street
Hundred will gather as the NFL brings a parade to Regent Street on 1st October.
16. Inject your London life with some quirky culture
Tennessee Williams’ play ‘Confessional’ takes a very different form in this London pub. You can read more about it here.
17. A new food, drink and music hub is opening in Southwark
Flat Iron square celebrates its official opening on 20th October, with a tasty line up of food vendors (think all day brunch, bars, pancakes, tapas, you name it!)
18. Museums At Night returns this October.
Between 27th – 29th, various museums and historic locations will have special openings to the public after hours. There’s even an alternative look at the Houses of Parliament at night, on 28th October. Check out the website for the full line up of events.
Feature image credit: Flickr: Mendhak