Cherry blossoms? So over it. It’s all about wisteria hysteria now.
Trends come and go, but some things never go out of style. Take the perfect purple phenomenon about to hit the capital:
the Elizabeth line wisteria. Currently in full bloom, and snaking its way over everywhere that you and I can’t afford to live, wisteria hysteria is back again – and Instagram, as always, is there to capture it all.
1. We’ll start off small, shall we?
2. Of course, wisteria hysteria doesn’t really DO subtle, darlings.
3. The wisteria is currently charming in Chiswick…
4. Magnificent in Marylebone…
5. And never better in Notting Hill.
6. It’s all just really bloody lovely, isn’t it?
7. That infamous Holland Park spot is back in bloom…
8. And really, it looks good from any angle.
9. Oh, go on then, just one more of this place.
(It’s Number 4, Bedford Gardens, just as a general FYI.)
10. Kynance Mews is looking rather ravishing too.
12. Seriously though, imagine stepping out of this front door each morning.
13. London’s oldest wisteria has had a lot of time to perfect its game.
It was brought to London from China 200 years ago, and lives out by the Fuller’s brewery in Chiswick.
14. One could say wisteria season has hit a purple patch.
15. And if you’re mad for mauve, you aren’t going to want to miss out.
16. Remember, wisteria hysteria comes but once a year.
17. So if you want to get up close and personal…
18. Get out there and enjoy it whilst it lasts!
On the lookout for more spectacular shots? Check out our guide to London’s prettiest streets, and this roundup of the most extraordinary places in the capital.
Featured image: @the.geographer
Also published on Medium.