Ah yes, London is a whole world in itself. Just like there are certain things everyone learns once they move to London, there are some things that only people living in London will truly understand.
“Tell me you’re from London without telling me you’re from London.”
1. What zone do you live in?
2. “You alright?”
3. See it, say it, sorted
4. Mind the gap!
5. Running for the train even if the next one is 3 minutes away
6. “Tired of being Tired? Floradix”
7. I walk faster than I run
If that ain’t the truth…
8. Refusing to go north/south of the river
9. Changing at Bank station
10. Tower Bridge is not London Bridge
11. Glaring furiously at people standing on the wrong side of the escalators, but not saying anything
12. £12 for a cocktail is reasonable
Cries in bank balance.
14. Oyster in my hand before I reach the ticketing machine
15. My rent is 70% of my income
Please let it stop.
16. Living and breathing Citymapper
17. “Your account balance is £4.65”
18. Literally checking the weather 4 times a day
19. I know how to pronounce Holborn, Marylebone, Plaistow and Ruislip
20. It’s only 23 degrees and people look like baked lobsters
It’s me, hi, I’m the problem, it’s me.
21. I’m always trying to go to sold-out exhibitions
22. Hoping the text sends when the train is stationary
23. I stand on the right and walk on the left
24. I’ve never spoken to my neighbours although I’ve lived in the same place for almost 10 years
25. “It’s midnight, let’s get a curry!”
Why wouldn’t you?
26. Saying “know what I mean” at the end of every sentence… know what I mean?
27. Your face being squashed into someone’s armpit on the Tube after a 12 hour shift
28. I think spending £20 whenever you leave the house is normal
29. “I hate people”
30. I don’t know what’s higher, the pollen count or rent prices
It’s about to hit us real hard…
31. *rolling eyes while hatefully judging tourists queueing at the Tube gates*
32. I know where to stand on the platform to be right by the door
33. Groans at a 4-minute wait for anything
34. Always saying sorry when it wasn’t your fault
35. Sleeping on the Northen line and waking up at Morden
36. People from at least 50 different nations on one train
37. “Good service on all other lines”
38. Sometimes it’s faster to walk than to get a bus
39. “Who wants a tea?”
Is that even a question?
40. Never pushing the open buttons on the Tube doors!
41. Oops, I forgot my umbrella at home
42. Fish and Chips
That is all.
43. I outwards despise but secretly love where I live
…don’t we all? ❤️