On Monday night, we were all told to look up from our phones and marvel at the moon, which was apparently 14% bigger and 30% brighter than usual. But of course Londoners could not take this seriously and the internet went absolutely wild. Some of us were in a strop because it was cloudy (what did you expect?) but others took the supposed once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get creative…
1. Because sarcasm is the greatest form of wit…
— Tom Holland (@holland_tom) November 14, 2016
2. …and Londoners use it oh-so well.
— Felicity Morse (@FelicityMorse) November 14, 2016
3. Honestly, who could ever argue that we’re not absolutely hilarious?
— David Schneider (@davidschneider) November 14, 2016
4. This is the most awkward looking moon you’ll ever see…
5. If you think about it, life really is unfair.
— Ashwin Sreekumar (@ashwinskn) November 15, 2016
6. This absolute classic.
7. So childish, but so brilliant.
— Biggie Vito (@BiggieVito) November 14, 2016
8. And lastly, this beautiful rhyme…
Does whatever a super moon can
Is in the sky
Is very round
— ~ (@daniel_barker) August 11, 2014
[Feature image: Instagram/@julianocruzz]