Look out for local businesses this Christmas with our 2020 gift guide.
This year more than ever, consumers are being encouraged to ditch the high street and shop small—and we are totally on board. A couple of weeks ago, we asked you, our wonderful Instagram followers, to tell us all about your indie heroes, and you didn’t disappoint. So we’ve taken your suggestions and compiled the ultimate list of lovely things from small, London-based businesses to gift this Christmas.
Table Of Contents
JEWELLERY, CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES 💎
If you know anyone with pierced ears, your options are quite literally endless. But here are some top picks, as well as some lovely, handcrafted clothing and accessories.
1. @lovenesslee – for stunning handmade jewellery
2. @katebarnetltd – for the most beautiful PJ sets
3. @clay_by_holly – for gorgeous clay earrings, festive and otherwise
4. @somelabel_ – for trendy face masks, because 2020
5. @bellejewellery – for lovely, handcrafted rings
6. @esskashoes – for the most incredible shoes I’ve ever seen
7. @zestttforlife – for earrings handmade with REAL fruit!
8. @daniellefosterofficial – for dreamy, luxury handbags
9. @myivoryroom – for adorable crochet goodies
10. @fuzzy.london – for cute pom pom earrings and accessories
11. @7forty_five – for top-quality, hand-stitched leather wallets and accessories
12. @monofore – for simple, elegant watches
13. @mwmakes – for amazing handcrafted leather goods
HOMEWARE & CANDLES ☕️✨
I ~think~ I can say this with confidence: everybody loves candles. And they’re lying if they say that they don’t. Here are some favourites, along with some seriously brilliant things to prettify any home.
14. @lottablobs – for cute, quirky sculpted mirrors
15. @kuki_candles – for hand-poured, 100% natural soy wax candles
16. @speckledhand – for incredible handcrafted clay gifts and tree decorations
17. @alfarcandles – for seriously lovely wooden wick candles
18. @phlo.studios – for lovingly handcrafted homeware
19. @flower_tonic — for gorgeous flowers, DIY kits and floristry workshops
20. @flowerandwick – for hand-crafted, cruelty-free soy wax candles
21. @amarantelondon – for beautiful dried bouquets that will last years rather than days
22. @brutes_london – for unique handmade ceramics
23. @anewtribe – for quirky interior bits
PRINTS & WALL ART ✍️
Prints are such a great gift option as they come in all different sizes and styles. Perhaps you know someone who has been working from home a lot more and needs something to jazz up their home office? Or maybe you have a favourite picture of you and a friend that could be repurposed into a lovely illustration?
24. @jazmine.joye – for gorgeous prints that will look wonderful in any home
25. @roseenglandlondon – for stunning prints of iconic London spots (and more)!
26. @fogg.ish – for hilarious prints, cards and gift wraps
27. @katecarterart – for awesome digital portraits
28. @peepoprints – for playful prints, perfect for a nursery
29. @drawbybru – for personalised digital portraits
30. @okaykayleigh.co.uk – for lovely London-themed prints (and other things)!
31. @georgiathought – for amazing, characterful illustrations
32. @extra.vector – for bespoke home and pet illustrations
SKINCARE & BEAUTY 🧴
We all have that one friend who has more beauty products than skin cells, but there’s always room for more.
33. @soapnskin – for natural, award-winning skin care products
34. @hathorlondon – for gifting a glorious facial after a tough year
35. @kabanskincare – for organic, paraben-free body and hair butter
I’ve tried to include a variety of products in this gift guide, but I’m no Inspector Gadget so this section is sparse. However, I couldn’t resist including the most 2020 gift in the world.
36. @anti.protection – for stylish, eco-friendly, touch-free hand sanitising dispensers
FOOD & DRINK 🧀🍷
If in doubt, it’s hard to go wrong with food and/or booze.
37. @ealingdistillery – for premium London Dry Gin that’ll look great on the shelf
38. @provisionsldn – for wine and cheese!
39. @berryandbrie – for gorgeous, festive grazing boxes
40. @thebreadladiesuk – for artisan bread subscriptions
41. @pop_sip_and_graze – for bespoke, handcrafted graze boxes
42. @beesbarfi – for delicious homemade chocolate barfi
43. @thebrowniegiftco – for gooey brownies in epic flavours
44. @londonsmokecure – for artisanal meats made from simple, trusted ingredients
45. @signaturebrew – for pub lovers!
46. @deviantcookies – for homemade cookies in every flavour under the sun
47. @perkyblenders – for Christmas coffee (and regular coffee!)
48. @be_oom_ – for loose leaf tea and gorgeous homeware
FOR THE DOG! 🐶🦴
Of course we’re dedicating a whole section to gifts for dogs. It only has two options, but they’re good. Like all dogs.
49. @hiroandwolf – awesome accessories for handsome doggos (okay, and cats)
50. @marleybonesdogdining – posh dinners for posh pooches
Also published on Medium.