It’s June and we’ve finally got some sunshine and HEAT in London. Today is set to hit 29°C, and it’s already pretty sweltering, and tomorrow could reach a whopping 34°C. We shouldn’t complain, but we are bloody complaining because it’s TOTALLY UN-BLOODY-BEARABLE. Here are some handy tips to help you survive this ungodly heatwave
17 tips on getting through this heatwave, London style
1. Whinge to your friends, family and colleagues about how hot it is, often. This will most definitely help to cool you down.
3. …or any remotely green space. (Here’s our comprehensive list of London parks for you to explore.)
4. Fill your social calendar with a metric f*cktonne of BBQs and picnics.
5. Drink Pimm’s by the gallon.
6. Don’t be fooled. Just because we’re in England, doesn’t mean the sun won’t fry you.
7. Wear a watch or a bracelet for the sole purpose of monitoring your tan.
8. Remember to add the temperature to all of your Instagram stories.
9. Take the cool, breezy Overground/Circle/District lines and maybe steer clear of the Central Line in this heat. Thank us later.
10. Talk about how you really need to buy a fan, but never actually buy a fan.
11. Avoid grey t-shirts.
12. Take at least three cold showers a day.
13. Head to a rooftop and bask in the sunshine.
14. Take advantage of that sweet office air con. Even a journey on the Central Line will be worth it.
15. Start your Zoom calls each day with a harrowing story of how you couldn’t sleep at all last night because it was just too. damn. hot.
16. Dream about all the times you were cold.
17. Vow to never complain about the cold weather ever ever ever again.
Also published on Medium.