Not sure if you’ve noticed, but it’s pretty fudging hot at the moment. Like really fudging hot.
We shouldn’t complain, but we are bloody complaining because it’s TOTALLY UN-BLOODY-BEARABLE. Here are some handy tips to help you survive this ungodly heatwave:
1. Whinge to your friends, family and colleagues about how hot it is, often. This will most definitely help to cool you down.
2. Flock to the nearest beer garden…
3. …or any remotely green space. (Here’s our comprehensive list of London parks for you to explore.)
4. Fill your social calendar with a metric f*cktonne of BBQs and picnics.
5. Drink Pimm’s by the gallon.
6. Don’t be fooled. Just because we’re in England, doesn’t mean the sun won’t fry you.
7. Wear a watch or a bracelet for the sole purpose of monitoring your tan.
8. Remember to add the temperature to all of your Instagram stories.
9. Look at your friends’ holiday snaps, which also have the temperature filter, and get jealous – not because it’s warmer than London, but because it’s actually cooler (and they probably have air conditioning in their hotel rooms).
10. Tweet TfL and tell them to install air-con on all of their trains, because they will definitely listen.
11. Talk about how you really need to buy a fan, but never actually buy a fan.
12. Avoid grey t-shirts.
13. Take at least three cold showers a day.
14. Head to a rooftop and bask in the sunshine.
15. Moan about how cold the office air con is, but miss it when it’s gone.