Sure, there are plenty of things to do around London to celebrate the Lunar New Year, but if you’re not feeling up to getting out and about, or if you want to continue the festivities when you’re home, Deliveroo might have just the tonic.
Starting tomorrow (February 8), the food delivery service will offer customers the chance to get free items (including spring rolls, gyoza, chicken wings, prawn crackers, and more) worth up to a tenner from over 600 participating Asian restaurants across the UK.
Once you’ve claimed your free bite, you can continue flicking through the restaurants to enjoy other penny-saving deals, which include 40% off certain dishes, buy-one-get-one-free on starters, mains, or desserts and even special Lunar New Year meal deals.
This comes in celebration of the Year Of The Dragon (February 10), and Deliveroo has teamed up with hundreds of restaurants in London to offer free grub until February 11.
It should also be noted that each restaurant has set its own minimum spend that customers must hit in order to claim their free items – so, while you can’t be going crazy and ordering a free side of spring rolls for four days in a row, this deal is perfect for those who wish for some handy extra bits alongside their Lunar New Year feasts.
Which restaurants can I enjoy free food from to celebrate the Lunar New Year?
There really are too many participating restaurants to list in this article, but here are a few restaurants in London giving away free bits for Lunar New Year via Deliveroo:
- Neds Noodle Bar in Waterloo, who have five free spring rolls up for grabs (minimum spend (£15)
- Hong Kong Restaurant 香港酒家, who are offering up some Vietnamese crispy spring rolls, on! the! house! (minimum spend £15)
- Asian Noodle Bar on Regis Road have Chicken and Vegetable gyoza ready for you to claim (minimum spend £20)
- Thaipan Green Lane is offering up some spicy edamame (minimum spend £15)
- Bao Bao Tea at Boxpark have some Takoyaki they would implore you to take off their hands for free (minimum spend £30)
- Kum Hong Chinese will offer customers any item from their chicken dishes category (minimum spend £30)
- Singapore Garden in Chiswick are hoping it’s your lucky day, and will send out free fortune cookies (minimum spend £30)
- New Star have mini pancake rolls with orders over £25 ready for you to snatch (not literally, of course – your delivery driver won’t thank you for being rude like this no matter how hungry you are)
- Mr Yung’s Dumpling House will give you anything from the dim sum category except sweet custard buns and curry puffs (minimum spend £20)
These are just some of the free offers, but you’ll find plenty more on the Deliveroo app at the end of this week, so get scrolling.
Speaking on the news: Sheng Goh, Head of the Chinese Category at Deliveroo said: “We hope free food items and special deals from our partners across the UK will bring some added excitement to our customers celebrating the Lunar New Year at home. Whether it’s a free bubble tea or gyoza’s on the house, or up to 40% off select dishes we hope to bring you some extra good fortune when delivering mouth-watering meals from your favourite Asian restaurants.”
Deliveroo’s offer for the Year Of The Dragon runs from February 8-11. Customers can claim their free items up to £10 at participating restaurants via the Deliveroo app.