Chelsea in Bloom means West London gets a dose of floral fever.
The RHS Chelsea Flower Show may be a ticketed affair, but there’s another way to eyeball some beautiful blossoms. Get thyself to Chelsea, where the whole neighbourhood is bursting out in colour as part of Chelsea in Bloom, running until May 25th. With 2019’s theme being ‘Under the Sea’, the new fleet of underwater-inspired floral creations are certainly putting the ‘sea’ in Chelsea…
1. There’s an early contender for star of the show…
2. But this diva just refuses to be upstaged.
3. Question: what has 24 tentacles and lives in Chelsea? Answer: a trio of octopi, because apparently one wasn’t enough. Exhibit A:
4. Here’s one lounging around Duke of York’s Square.
5. And last but not least, this one is giving Moyses Stevens a hug.
6. Meanwhile, it turns out killer whales make for killer florals:
7. And if you thought the only horses in Chelsea were polo horses, you’d be wrong:
8. (Although seahorse polo does sound particularly wild!)
9. Reports of shark attacks in the royal borough are about to skyrocket…
10. Thankfully, these very good doggos are here for protection!
11. Can’t tell if this is a puffer fish or a pucker fish… 🤔
12. Mermaids have been a particularly popular creation this year…
13. And Harry’s are offering you the chance to become one!
14. Expect it to briefly become the new must-Insta spot.
15. Although personally, I think this lady has the right idea:
16. Only one can rule the waves, however:
17. Chelsea in Bloom is only here until May 25th – so surf on over for a whale of a time!
For more beautiful blossoms, check out our flower guide to London.
Also published on Medium.