It’s time to bring out your inner child and build an impenetrable fortress of pillows and blankets that’s absolutely epic!
Get cosy, because lockdown is set to last a little while longer yet. Gather all your quilts, curtains, blankets, cushions and pillows and get ready to build a castle of comfort that will defend against the looming threat of boredom.
Therein is your quest: create a sanctuary to thwart all threats to your sanity.
There are plenty of ways to create an awesome home fort, but really it’s all up to the supplies and imagination that you’ve got.
— j_213_e (@oceanbreeze1111) March 19, 2020
Here’s what you need for the ultimate (and cozy) adult blanket fort:
- Pillows ☑️
- Blankets (duh) ☑️
- Tapestry: looks cool on your wall but even cooler on your roof ☑️
- Wine: adds to the fun, promise ☑️
- Books: use the dictionaries for weights, the Harry Potter series for later entertainment ☑️
- Chairs/Broomsticks/Coatracks: for spires and some vaulted ceiling action ☑️
- Lights: because Instagram loves twinkles and you don’t have night vision ☑️
- Hand sanitizer: because WASH YOUR HANDS! ☑️☑️☑️
Bonus points if you can fashion some sort of moat out of a padding pool!
Drastic times call for fantastic measures. Don’t give in to the doldrums, because you’ve got to protect your own personal amusement at all costs.