Last week we told you that Kew Gardens Christmas Light trail was opening to the public. It was always set out to be a magical spectacle, however, we were not expecting quite the mind-blowing, awe-inspiring, epiphany-inducing display it turned out to be. Throughout the experience, you’ll wonder if you’ve fallen down the rabbit hole, landed in the Queen’s own majestic Disney-fied theme park (let’s call it Windsorland) and decided to enroll in a course on Horticulture after taking a shit ton of acid… In the best way imaginable. (NB: Secret London does not condone drug-taking).
1. Firstly, there’s a choir of singing Christmas trees. And they’ve got some pretty decent lungs on them.
2. Pardon the pun, but you’ll see trees in a completely different light.
3. Kew’s installation – The Hive – has had a glowing makeover.
A photo posted by Margo Trushina (@margottrushina) on
4. You’ll be immersed in this sea of flashing, floating orbs.
5. You’ll be taken on a wonderful journey, all from the comfort of Zone 3.
6. And there’s even a North Pole Village (so you can warm up on some mulled wine mid-way through the trail).
7. These giant candles will make you feel like you’re in a scene out of Beauty and the Beast.
8. And the Christmas themed Fire Garden is sure to warm your soul.
9. If all of that isn’t enough, the finale is sure to do the trick.
If you leave without feeling that Christmas sparkle (or, questioning whether or not someone accidentally slipped you some sort of hallucinatory pill), we’ll be extremely surprised. Find out more and book your tickets here.
Feature image credit: Instagram @Rico.Yip