A lot has changed in 13 years. Especially when it comes to finding love in London. But one thing remains to be true. Love, actually, is all around. In fact, Grindr will tell you it’s 100m away…
1. This interaction would have 100% taken place over Tinder.
2. If your friends end up playing spontaneous music at your wedding (pfft wedding – an ancient concept), it’s more likely to be Dave on his portable decks
3. Your Uber driver is the only person who will lovingly escort you anywhere. And he’s only nice to you because he wants all your ***** (that’s stars, not something raunchy).
4. Everyone’s poorer now, so we’re less willing to love.
5. And we have less bedroom space for making love.
6. This boy wouldn’t have a problem with love, as he wouldn’t have looked up from his Pokemon GO gameplay in 2016.
7. The token fit guy would have a beard.
8. Natalie’s ‘sizeable arse’ is now possibly the biggest compliment you can give a lady. Thank you, Kim K, Queen Bae and JLo.
9. Sherlock would have put an end to this before it even started.
10. Theresa May would be turned into a YouTube/Gif/Meme sensation.
11. But, let’s be honest, no Prime Minister would be dancing if they had to face 2016.
12. This sort of gift wrapping will cost you an additional £300.
13. And there’d be an app for it anyway.
14. It wouldn’t be a necklace that gives away your partner’s affair. Not if you’ve religiously been reading all of his Facebook messages, looked at his recent searches and, if in doubt, used ‘find my iPhone’ on your shared Apple ID to discover his whereabouts.
(If any of my ex-boyfriends are reading this, it’s obviously all in jest for the sake of funny content…ha. Ha. Haa…).
15. Colin Frissell wouldn’t need to fly to America to get a shag… After this year’s events, they’ll soon all be fleeing over here.
16. These two would have no problem at all with the help of a real-time translator app.
17. However, there are some things that haven’t changed in 13 years…
18. And we must admit, Alan Rickman’s advice is still pretty good. RIP 🙁
19. And Ant and Dec… Well, at least they’re still around.