The clocks go back this weekend, so remember to set your alarm at the right time and get ready for a day of doing what all Londoners do when the clocks go back:
1. Reminding yourself (and everyone else) about the upcoming situation…
2. Suddenly getting lost in all the mental arithmetics when Sunday arrives.
3. Watching your electronic devices automatically update.
4. Spending a good 15 minutes working out whether your phone has actually updated automatically. (It might involve Googling the time).
5. Delighting in the hour of extra sleep.
6. Or accidentally turning up to work an hour early on Monday…
7. Rolling your eyes at your parent friends who say “an extra hour in bed doesn’t apply when you have children”.
8. Secretly hating your colleague who says they “used the hour for an cheeky sesh in the gym”.
9. Hoping that your favourite coffee shop for your morning fix hasn’t forgotten the time situation.
10. Wondering if this affects the last trains.
11. If you work in a bar, remembering that you’ll have to deal with everyone asking if this means “one more hour drinking time”.
12. If you don’t work in a bar, wondering if that pint after work technically means getting on the booze at 4pm…
13. Looking forward to basking in the bright(ish) winter mornings in London.