62 Incredible Things To Do In London At The Weekend
Here’s a list of things you can do in London any weekend, every weekend.
Want to fill your weekends with something more meaningful and productive than just lazing at home, hungover, ordering pizza straight to your bed? Here’s the only list you need.
Eat and drink
1. If you’re going to do the weekend properly, it should always start with brunch – preferably of the boozy variety. Here are some ideas.
2. Or you could try out these brunch spots that boast fantastic views of the city.
3. Or, if the concept of ‘brunch’ is lost on you, you could always go for a bit of good old fashioned breakfast.
4. Do as the British do and enjoy a spot of afternoon tea.
6. Satisfy that sweet tooth at one of London’s lovely bakeries.
7. Scoff your way through all of Camden’s best street food.
8. Take your S/O out on a romantic date. Here are some of London’s most romantic restaurants.
9. Go t’ pub. Why not crawl the oldest pubs in London and sink a few pints?
10. We know how much you all love cheese, so why not team it up with some wine and charcuterie for a jolly marvellous evening? Here are the best places to go.
11. Or just head to Camden’s all cheese everything bar.
12. Scrimped for cash? Try these cheap eats if you’re looking for a relatively wallet-friendly weekend.
13. Head to this Borough restaurant, where every dish includes chocolate.
14. Stay out late and eat a Full English at 4am, just because you can.
15. Try one of London’s best Chinese restaurants.
16. Or the best Japanese restaurants.
17. Splash out on a fancy meal at any of London’s Michelin Star restaurants.
18. Wine or dine at a bar/restaurant/café owned by a celebrity.
Explore a new area
23. King’s Cross
24. Stoke Newington
25. Kentish Town
29. Covent Garden
33. Exmouth Market
Meander around a weekend market
Discover London’s prettiest places
37. Visit the pinkest place in London, Elan Café.
38. Go for coffee and brunch at Palm Vaults.
39. Get cocktails at Waterloo’s most Instagrammable bar, Tonight Josephine.
40. Explore these fanciful places full of foliage.
41. Explore London’s prettiest streets.
42. Or discover the most colourful places in London.
Do something bonkers
43. Go to this south London pub with its own car race track.
44. Go to this King’s Cross venue that literally has everything, from a cocktail bar and a coffee shop to craft workshops and Beyoncé-themed dance classes. (Yes, really.)
47. See all the sights with the most efficient self-led sightseeing tour there is (probably).
48. Or, if you’ve done all the big touristy sights, go to these alternative places instead.
49. Finish off a touristy day with a meal at one of these restaurants near London’s top attractions.
51. Take things to a new level and check out these beautiful spots to catch panoramic views of London.
Watch a movie
53. Or, if you just want a cheap movie night, head to any London Odeon for just £8.49.
Get some fresh air
55. Get a bit of peace and quiet at one of these lovely green spaces.
56. Go for a run around one of these amazing routes.
57. If you can brave it, dive into one of these (sometimes heated) outdoor pools.
58. Get on yer bike! Here are some fantastic cycling routes to try out.
Do something different
59. If you’re a gin fan, take a trip to one of these beautiful London gin distilleries.
60. Bit of a book nerd? Spend some time choosing your next read at one of these cute little bookshops.
61. Head to the London park dedicated to everyday heroes who died saving others.
Get out of London
62. Take a day trip, or a mini break, to one of these lovely getaways that are less than 2 hours away from London.