Next time you need to seek out TfL’s live updates on signal failures and dreaded delays, head over to the Twitter feed of their hilarious better half @TlfTravelAlerts. Providing us with hilarious tips, words of wisdom and meaningless excuses as to why there are delays, they’ll certainly help cheer you up after discovering that your service is… delayed.
1. Follow TLF for wise words like this…
2. To keep our spirits up.
3. A direct, honest approach:
4. Something to think about next time you swipe.
5. Providing commuters with morning pick-me-ups.
6. This tho, mad.
7. They’re kind of cute-looking, those tubes.
8. Whereas buses look permanently pissed off.
9. We can’t even either, Vic.
10. Revealing that soul-crushing London bitterness we love.
11. For all you Northern line haters.
12. We feel for you Bakerloo…
13. This explains a lot…
14. Throwing out the big existential questions …
15. And providing our delays with uplifting tunes.
16. We can rely on London Transport for topical anecdotes.
17. Giving the Underground some sass.
18. As writers, the SL team certainly appreciate this one.
19. Giving the DLR an element of excitement.
20. Oh thank gaaaad, we were beginning to worry…
Unfortunately, a funny tweet won’t eradicate the smell…