We’re Looking For A Videographer To Join Secret London
We are currently looking for a London-based videographer and editor to join the Secret London team full time, at our headquarters in Camden Lock.
Working within a fun, dynamic and fast-growing start-up, this new role provides an excellent opportunity for a junior to mid-level videographer to showcase their skills to a large and highly engaged audience. We’re looking for someone who can create fizzy, distinctive videos about London life that make a big impact online, who has proven experience working on scripted and unscripted online video. Applications are open now.
Our video output is set to grow and evolve over the next year, but see some of our existing videos here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/SecretLDN/videos/
At Fever, our mission is to inspire people to discover offline entertainment in their city. We are looking for bar-raisers that want to work hard, have fun and make history with us. Fever combines its marketplace and Secret Media Network (Secret London, Secret NYC, Madrid Secreto, Paris Secret, etc…) through technology, resulting in a weekly unique reach of over 15 million people. It’s a unique opportunity to actually make an impact.
Fever is already in London, Manchester, New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Ibiza and Dubai, and is in process of expanding to new markets. Fever is also backed by top-notch venture capital firms, including Accel Partners, Fidelity, and 14W Ventures.
- Identifying exciting potential video topics and arranging shoots
- Attending events and venues and capturing beautiful, inspiring footage using the gear provided (sometimes out of regular business hours)
- Editing material into captivating, shareable final cuts in various formats
- Applying colour grading, SFX, sound mixing and other post-production techniques using Premiere + After Effects
- Collaborating with our commercial team and our brand sponsors to deliver content that supports promotional activity
- Driving innovation in the video team by tracking industry trends and experimenting with new material
- Technically skilled and systematic in your approach, we can count on you to get the footage needed time after time
- Deep understanding of Premiere, After Effects, Media Encoder and other editing packages
- Solid news sense with strong ideas for what video topics and formats will resonate most strongly online
- A natural flair for visual storytelling, you know how to structure edits and order shots to keep viewers engaged
- A fluent English writer, you’re comfortable writing your own witty and informative captions
- A decent grasp of the digital publishing landscape, changing trends in online video and how media companies like ours can best use various channels (Facebook, YouTube etc)
- Warm and professional, you make a positive addition to the team and act as a friendly, trusted intermediary with our commercial sponsors, PR contacts and others
- You’re enthusiastic about Secret London’s mission of finding the coolest stuff in the city
Requirements for this role
- Cleared permission to the work in the UK, and based in London
- Ability to work flexible hours from time to time
- 2+ years video experience
- A recent showreel demonstrating your work
- A covering letter that explains why you’re a great fit for the job
Perks of the job
- Make awesome videos that’ll be seen by millions of people
- Visit some of London’s coolest places, before anyone else
- Work out of our swish new co-working space in Camden
- 40% off tickets to events run by our partners, from international football matches to major music festivals
- Yoga on Fridays, if you like!
The application process
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to participate in a phone interview, complete a short video-based task and attend an in-person interview, as they progress through the recruitment process.
We recommend applying as soon as possible.
We’re unable to respond to every application due to the volume of interest we receive in each role.