Want to join the Secret London team?
Working within a fun, dynamic and fast-growing start-up, this three-month paid internship at our offices in Camden, London provides an excellent opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic individual to develop their editorial experience.
Fever and the Secret Media Network were founded to help people find the most exciting things to do in their city. We started in Spain, and have grown fast: we’re now in London, Manchester, New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Madrid and many other cities across Europe, with more on the way!
Here in the UK, Secret London shares content with over a million social followers, bringing them the most intriguing and unmissable things to do in the city.
About this role
During your internship, you’ll contribute your skills across the editorial and commercial teams. Duties include:
- Writing articles about things to do in London
- Creating content on behalf of our commercial partners
- Scheduling social posts and managing content calendars
- Building networks of contributors, influencers and video cast members
- Sourcing experts for upcoming features
- Promoting our content to relevant third parties
- Refreshing and interlinking Secret London content for SEO purposes
- Securing competition prizes and other promotional activities
- Developing new content strands for Secret London
We welcome all sorts of applicants, and this is an opportunity for people who need to gain further experience in the field.
That said we do expect some evidence of interest in journalism, media or publishing; whether that’s published bylines elsewhere, your own blog… or even a jazzy Instagram account. Other than that, you are…
- A confident and accurate writer with perfect English
- Industrious, curious, and willing to take on jobs big and small with equanimity;
- Pleasant to work with, and someone we can rely on to represent our brand;
- Demonstrably interested in journalism, web production, digital publishing, the lifestyle sector and London!
The application process
We’d like someone to start as soon as possible!
You should apply as soon as possible; applications will close as soon as we’ve selected a successful candidate.
Application steps may include an aptitude test, a writing test and an interview.
The proposed role is three months, full-time, but there is flexibility for the right candidate.
To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter that explains why you’d be a great fit for the role, along with links to any relevant previous work.