Funny pub signs are guaranteed to get a laugh, especially in London (home to over 95 separate ‘Gin Thursday’ clubs, we kid you not). We like to think there’s only one person writing them, flitting about London like some sort of Sarcasm Fairy, sprinkling cheer as they go. One thing’s for sure, whoever is writing these should be paid more.
1. The “Are you a liability?” one.
2. This one for all the bar hands out there.
3. The “I’m a poet but I also know it”.
4. The “Open Arms” one.
5. The “I work in PR” one.
6. The “I’m making the most of my location between Agent Provocateur and Ben Sherman”.
7. Always read the fine print.
8. What doesn’t kill us makes us (drink) stronger (drinks).
9. And I distrust the exuberance of your exclamation marks sir.
10. This London Marathon one (guaranteed to fail any actual marathoners).
11. The questionable quoting choice.
Please let us know your thoughts on the matter and should we ever open up our own Secret London Pub (we’d probably overcharge, sorry you know how it is) we’ll be sure to put them into practice.
Tweet us at @Secret_LDN to suggest your funniest board-busters.