We can already feel it in the frosty London air; 2017 is going to be a good one! If you’ve set yourself some pretty demanding New Year’s resolutions (that you may or may not keep), you’ll be pleased to know that this list will be an absolute joy to complete, or attempt to complete. Pribnt it out, write it down, take a mental note of all 50 things – however you do it, use it as your checklist for 2017. Here’s to a fantastic year!
1. Go nuts at a bottomless brunch. As a rule, every Londoner needs at least one big brunch per year. Or month. Or Sunday.
2. Go one further and try a Bottomless Roast.
3. Party at the newly re-opened Fabric.
4. Visit the new Harry Potter exhibition, coming to the British Library in October.
5. See Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. If you haven’t been able to grab tickets yet, try your luck in the weekly Friday Forty draw.
6. Get gin-toxicated at The Distillery, London’s Gin Hotel.
7. Skate, dine and bowl at the newly renovated Queen’s.
8. Run a 10km in London.
9. Run a GIN 10km (better).
10. Or just watch real athletes run at London 2017 Summer Athletics.
11. Dine on a table in the sky.
12. Get emotional at David Bowie’s Musical, Lazarus.
13. Marvel at the pretty colours at the Magical Lantern Festival.
14. Watch a pancake flipping race on Shrove Tuesday.
15. Visit one of London’s fairytale-like locations, like the Shri Swaminarayan Mandir.
16. Sink your teeth into layers of a Mille crepe cake from Kova Patisserie
17. Grabbed a riverside seat (at a pub, of course) for the Oxford vs Cambridge boat race.
18. Actually use the Night Tube this year…
19. Which means making it out past 1am and resisting an Uber.
20. Jump chest-deep in Dalston’s adult ball pit bar, Ballie Ballerson.
21. Clamber around the world’s biggest bouncy castle, The Beast – which is set to come to Hyde Park later this year.
22. Manage to get an outside table at The Ship in Wandsworth on a sunny day.
23. Sink your teeth into some proper good pastrami from Monty’s Deli.
24. Go to London Cocktail Week
25. Or another booze-related festival.
26. Flash some feathers at Notting Hill Carnival.
27. Get tickets to Lovebox, Field Day or SW4.
28. Scoff on popcorn in front of an open air cinema screen.
29. Let Mooshies, London’s ultimate vegan burger bar, blow your mind!
30. Read at least one of these books on the tube.
31. ‘Zen out’ at the Kyoto Garden in Holland Park.
32. Or discovery another stunning green space in the heart of the city.
33. Treat yourself to Afternoon Tea, ma’am.
34. Catch the views sitting at the front of the DLR.
35. Miss the bongs of Big Ben when he goes silent.
36. Watch the sunset from Primrose Hill.
37. Star gaze at the Royal Observatory, Greenwich.
38. Go to Piccadilly Circus just to see it advert-less.
39. Sweat your butt off at one of London’s toughest workouts.
40. Try the Halloumi Fries from Oli Baba’s, available at KERB in Camden.
41. Capture a picture of the beautiful deer at Richmond Park.
42. And get the snap, or another one of your photos, shared on our Instagram . (Use #MySecretLondon!)
43. Brave Leicester Square to visit the huge LEGO store.
44. Get through a whole year without complaining about tourists.
45. Have a meal with a fantastic view after midnight at Duck and Waffle.
46. Go to one hell of a boat party on the Thames.
47. Get your skates on at the LED illuminated ice rink at Canary Wharf.
48. Find your favourite pretty London pub. This is a good place to start, if we do say so ourselves.
50. Most importantly – make 2017 your best year in London yet!
Feature image credit: Shivam Kumar – Instagram @shivam_ph