One look at Richmond’s tranquil Thames views, country-feel pubs and the gorgeous cricket green that’s perfect for the summer, it’s no wonder that the area was voted the happiest place to live in London (according to a survey carried out by Rightmove). Perhaps the more we visit, the joy will rub off on the rest of us non-Richmond folk?
1. Richmond’s home to the tranquil side of the Thames
Head to the river bank for a drink with a Thames-side view. Try the iconic White Cross pub, with a traditional feel.
2. The Green is perfect for picnics.
And you can eye up some of the most incredible houses.
3. You might mistake yourself for being in a rural village.
A photo posted by Rebecca ♡ (@rvk_loves) on
But it’s still on the District line!
4. Richmond Theatre is beautiful.
They also put on some great Christmas Pantos.
4. There are some lovely independent shops.
Whether your looking for some special pieces or are simply window shopping.
6. Richmond Park is a piece of the countryside.
A photo posted by Jon (@j_r_photography) on
One of the biggest green spots in London (and also full of these fantastic, regal creatures).
Featured image credit: Instagram @Sparrowflu