We’re Londoners so naturally we like to complain a bit. But on the 10th anniversary of the 7/7 London underground bombings, we thought it would be a good time to remember why we should be grateful to live in such a rich, diverse and accepting city. Here’s why you should be proud of your city:
1. Because 1 in 3 Londoners are foreign – making us one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world.
2. With more than 300 languages being spoken daily (that’s more languages than any other city in the world).
3. But we are still a community. And we come together when it matters.
4. This also means that we’ve got a lot of food to offer.
5. And a lot of world festivals to celebrate.
6. In fact, there have been a lot of reasons to celebrate over the last decade…
7. And we’re pretty good at celebrating the beginning of every New Year.
8. This year we were named the top travel destination in the world.
9. Probably because of this.
10. Or maybe because of this.
11. And although we complain about the tourists, we secretly love having them. (All 18.82 million of them that have already visited this year).
12. Because everyone is welcome in London.
17. In fact, the whole world is invited to our parties.
18. And our carnivals aren’t too shabby either.
19. We insist on complaining about the weather (because we’re Londoners and we complain about everything).
20. But then this happens.
21. And we remember that we’ve got more green spaces in this city than most other cities in the world.
22. We’re proud Londoners on the best of days.
23. But today, on 7/7/15, we’re more proud than ever.
24. Because we’re Londoners and we stick together.
25. As we #WalkTogether.
26. And never forget.