To party or to poop? That is the question. We obviously don’t mean to actually poop instead of party (wellll……nope, not going to get into that), but the annual winter tug of war of whether you can be bothered to go out or not is back once again. We totally get it – and we love to party. But more often than not, hot chocolates, duvet cocoons and Netflix sessions prevail during these dark months. So, we’ve perfected some totally legit excuses meaning you never have to spend another cold, wet and windy Friday night outside of your living room. You can thank us later.
1. I wish I could, but I don’t want to.
2. Über is at surge pricing right now.
3. I accidentally got on a plane to Yemen.
4. If I don’t do laundry, I will literally have to leave the house naked tomorrow.
5. The existence of sell by dates means I have to stay in and eat the entire contents of my fridge.
6. I’m a method actor researching the role of a 45 year old.
7. I already have plans with other friends…
8. In order to get there, I have to change at Bank.
9. Sounds good, i’ll text you later ?
10. I’ve developed a rare and highly contagious (invisible) rash. Probably from all the pollution.
11. I have explosive diarrhoea.
12. I don’t believe in socialising after midnight. Haven’t you heard? It’s the new craze.
13. I don’t wish to fuel a consumerist society.
14. I hate myself when I’m hungover.
15. I’m skint. Because, London.
16. I went out and got lucky last night and still don’t know where I am. Because, London.
17. I’ve had a good day and want to end it on a high. So not in a sweaty nightclub or a freezing beer garden.
18. The dress I was going to wear caught on fire because I put it in the microwave to dry because I don’t have a tumble dryer.
19. I’m building a fort.
20. It’s my dog’s birthday.
21. The world isn’t ready for my dance moves.
Featured Image Credit: We Love Cats And Kittens