Yes, we get it: London is the greatest city in the world. Everything is fantastic. From the Queen, to the pubs, to the tea, to the double-decker buses, people from all around the globe think that the city is the sh*t. But what about the trials and tribulations of living here? Read on to see how London can make your life both rich and miserable.
1. With one of the largest transportation networks in the world, the TfL can take anyone, anywhere in the city. Even clueless superheroes that don’t pay to travel.
2. If you discount the 300 different languages spoken in this mega melting pot, there’s no cultural diversity.
3. FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) is a real struggle. You’ll always be afraid that something cooler and better is going on without you (and probably be right).
4. From eccentric markets to high street brands, the urge to shop will eat you alive.
5. Self expression is severely frowned upon.
6. There’s a genuine risk of starving to death with the endless choices of cuisine in this culinary mecca.
7. It has over 2,000 years of face-melting history.
8. With 47% of the city made up of greenery, it doesn’t even count as a concrete jungle!
9. The amount of unbridled creativity is bonkers.
10. If you’re boring and hate doing things, you’ll despise its eccentric events such as the Fire Hazard games, an annual goat race, and the Midsummer Madness Bike Ride.
11. The fashion is so innovative you’ll loathe everything you own.
12. The skyline is so breathtaking you could almost die from asphyxiation.
13. You can’t complain about how expensive it is because there are also a lot of fun and free things to do.