Seriously, weather gods, what are you playing at? You throw a bit of beautiful sun our way and pull it from under our toes, only to dowse us in rain. Now we’re sticky, hot, wet, confused, angry and yet still hopeful that the sun will be back for the weekend.
1. It’s just a usual day’s weather in London.
2. Yep, still grey.
3. But miraculously, the weather forecast for the weekend is looking up.
4. And you can’t help but get super excited.
5. …just thinking of all the ice cold beers.
6. And mentally preparing yourself for the busy beer gardens.
7. Of course, the sun finally comes out when you’re at work.
8. Or when you’re completely unprepared and have no shades.
9. But the feeling when you finally wake up on Saturday morning to blue skies = priceless.
10. You spend the whole day like: “Are we in the Med? London weather IS amazing! I LOVE LONDON. RAHHHHH.”
11. But it will take you a while to acclimatise.
12. You’ll inevitably get frustrated with your multiple layers of clothing.
13. You’re fully prepared for the guaranteed sweats you’ll get on the tube.
14. But when you get off the tube… it’s raining.
15. Like seriously, what the fuck London.
16. It rains so much you can’t remember the sun exists at all. It was only yesterday.
17. You were supposed to be going to that gorgeous riverside beer garden today.
18. In the end, though, we must simply embrace the split-personality weather that will continue to exist in London… for the rest of our lives.
Featured image credit: James Burns / London From The Rooftops