June Brown (Dot on Easties) is turning 90 on the 16th February! To celebrate our favourite East-end gal, we thank Dot Cotton for all the life lessons she has given us over the years…
1. ‘Oh I say!’ is a legitimate response to anything.
2. Gossip keeps you young.
3. 20 a day also keeps you young.
Gonna smoke this Superking menthol then off to bed me thinks. Can’t be fucked with the Bible anymore. #fuckjesus
— Dot Branning (@Dot_Eastenders) 7 March 2012
4. You are never too old to go to jail. #freedot
Throwback to when Dot was in prison #FreeDot pic.twitter.com/RyZxh18Tv8
— GossipEnders (@GossipEnders) January 21, 2017
5. Outrage on such a scale has not been seen since Ian came back like this.
6. Never trust anyone – Especially your son. Especially if he is called Nick.
I can’t cope! … #FreeDot pic.twitter.com/uUgb2wjeXN
— Charlotte R.B (@BericeBaby) February 19, 2015
7. Especially not any letters from Fatboy.
8. The ultimate hipster drinks sherry out of a tea-cup.
“I thought you two were ‘stepping out’?” #DotCotton #EastEnders #Cottoned pic.twitter.com/Tmp92HlN03
— Gabrielle Smith (@GabySmithTV) November 1, 2016
9. Kleenex not coke.
I know times are bad, but did Max really just think about offering Dot a line? #Eastenders#Max#DotCottonpic.twitter.com/JFuPDpZsvq
— Abi (@AByrne1990) January 2, 2017
10. Cheekbones can last a lifetime.
A young June Brown #EastEnders#DotBranning#DotCottonpic.twitter.com/hIBy5apUpp
— Walford East (@WalfordEast) October 8, 2016
11. ‘Just a small one please. You know I rarely drink.’ is total bullshit.
12. Laundrettes pretty much run themselves.
❤️ this woman & her character #Legend#DotCotton#EastEnders#JuneBrownpic.twitter.com/MgQO2VXeSU
— Shaun (@ShaunInBrum) September 30, 2016
13. It is possible to make it through 32 Christmas specials alive.
The award for ‘going to outlive every single one of us on this planet, goes to… #DotCotton #Eastenders #SoapAwards pic.twitter.com/vB5ukBlMeV
— A m y??? (@AmeRoSharky) May 29, 2016
14. Overalls can be styled out.
I’m working in the laundry today. I think it will be more fun if do it in character. #DotCottonpic.twitter.com/vLGbMLhDxF
— Neil Urquhart (@NeilU) March 2, 2016
15. You can be someone’s icon no matter how old you are.
@bbceastenders Shout out to @Alldrick91 for getting #dotcotton tattooed on him #dedication ?? pic.twitter.com/pNziSL0w3T
— Liam Branford (@Liam_Branford) October 14, 2015