There’s a lot of talk flying around that 2016 wasn’t one of the best years for the world and London. We say, nay! There’s plenty of cheery things to look back on…
1. The Night Tube finally launched on 5 lines.
A year late, but yay!
2. And with the Night Tube came these ingenious signs.
3. We got our very own Night Czar to make London’s nightlife ace.
Let’s make London the most vibrant and diverse 24 hour city in the world! #LondonIsOpen
— Amy Lamé, Night Czar (@nightczar) 4 November 2016
4. Fabric closed – but then it reopened!!
5. Andy Murray Won Wimbledon.
6. We saw the rise of Veggie Pret.
8. Strangers got NAKED and ate with each other.
At The Bunyadi restaurant, which is trying to get a permanent fixture…
9. Yes, there was Brexit. But hey – property prices went down.
10. Buster the Boxer made us all extremely happy.
11. London got a HUGE LEGO Store.
12. There was this romantic proposal at London Pride.
— MET LGBT Network (@MetLGBTNetwork) 25 June 2016
And Emma Watson was one of them.
14. Queen Elizabeth turned 90 in style.
And pub opening hours were extended, so the common folk could drink for her.
16. And, of course, we thanked our lucky stars that we live in London.
So, all in all, a great year!