It takes a lot of time and patience to fully get to grips with London life…
…but if you can tick all of these boxes, you’ve already nailed it.
1. If someone asks you for directions, you often actually know where to point.
2. You know precisely where to stand on the tube platform so that you’re exactly in line with the doors.
3. You’ve totally accepted that nobody ever really works a 9 to 5 job and you’re okay with that (for now).
4. You can recommend at least one great restaurant for each cuisine.
5. You can just about hand over £6.50 for a pint without flinching. Much.
6. You’ve learnt how to manage a dirty Thursday hangover at work.
7. Or at least how to cover up the smell of alcohol.
8. You know the tube like the back of your hand.
9. (Until someone starts bringing the DLR into conversation).
10. You’re well practised in the art of bottomless brunching.
11. You’re totally on board with Beer Friday.
12. And Thirsty Thursday.
13. And Wine Wednesday.
14. Hell, you’ll drink at any time of any day.
15. You stick your nose up at all the typical tourist spots, and you have a pretty decent list of your own hidden wonders.
16. And you could recite a hefty list of reasons why London is the greatest city on earth.
? by Davide D’Amico
(Visited 51 times, 1 visits today)