You know all the stereotypes about Londoners? How the men are all well-dressed, floppy haired, bookshop owners with impeccable manners, a conveniently located terraced house in West London and an amazing ability to invent perplexing yet endearing profanities (“Ohhhhh…..cockwinkle!”)? And the women? We’re all the perfect balance of vegan do-gooders and effortlessly chic tomboys, of course. Somewhere between Deliciously Ella and Cara Delevigne, with a few less followers on Instagram but the same God-given gift to wake up looking flawless in the morning…
Lies. ALL LIES. Here are the real reasons you should fall in love with a Londoner. And it predominantly revolves around queueing.
1. They’ll give you a room in their pent house…
2. …Or more likely a floor in their flat share.
3. Either way you’ll have a place to stay in London, which means you’re saving yourself about 16 grand a year.
4. They’ll probably be really, really, devilishly good looking…
5. …And if they’re not, at least they’ll make you laugh.
6. Because everyone knows Brits have the best sense of humour.
7. They know which rules are worth breaking.
8. And which ones definitely aren’t.
9. They’ll teach you the art of queueing.
10. Which will come in handy more times than you’ll realise…
11. They’ll know the best way to cure your hangover.
12. But they’ll probably be the reason you were feeling it in the first place.
13. They’ll always let you off the tube first.
14. And they’ll take you on some spectacular dates.
15. Because although they may not have a back garden…