Summer is drawing to a close and many of us are looking forward to pulling our coats out from the back of the wardrobe, adding to our scarf collection and eating all of the carbs. There are a few things we’ll miss about the sunny season, like beer gardens, BBQs and 9pm sunsets; but we mostly can’t wait to see the back of it. Here are a few reasons why…
1. So. Much. Sweat.
2. Especially on the tube…
3. That horribly familiar smell of stale perspiration…
4. The flocks of tipsy picnickers in the park.
Hang on, wait… we are those people.
5. Patchy sunburn.
6. The feeling of guilt for staying in on a sunny day.
7. Sweaty, sleepless nights.
8. And people being very dramatic about it…
It’s TOO HOT. UNABLE to SLEEP, I will NOT be ABLE to FUNCTION PROPERLY and I COULD get FIRED. My LIFE lies in TATTERS and it is ONLY MONDAY.
— Sacha Fernando (@sacha_is_good) July 18, 2016
Not that we didn’t join in, of course.
If you don’t have it, you really want it. And if you have it, you really wish you didn’t.
10. Shaving your legs.
Let’s be honest, ladies…
11. “Flip flop flip flop…”
12. School kids. Everywhere. At all times.
13. Being surprised by the rain.
If it’s no longer summer, it is actually allowed to rain without any naive comments about how “it’s summer so it can’t rain”.
Because it’s irritating for everybody involved…
15. Short shorts, men in sandals and far too many crop tops.
Feature image: Imgur