Some typical problems that every Londoner has (more than likely) made out is the end of their world.
We’re all guilty of thinking our daily problems are some of the utter worst in the world but it all gets a little more tragic when you focus on London. Prepare for ultimate gripes about lack of macchiatos, shortage of artisan breads and the struggle of not having a pop-up to attend this weekend.
1. That dreaded silence of the tube …
That sinking feeling when you've forgotten your headphones and have an hours journey to west London #londonproblems
— Alice (@aliceamytnx) August 19, 2017
2. How dare a tea not be offered. Strike one.
Working in someone's gaff and they don't offer you a brew, get in the sea #Londonproblems
— Smith Ian Benson III (@BenSmithson94) July 19, 2017
3. No sweet potato fries? Are we even in London anymore, people?
— Steph (@stephmandeville) July 14, 2017
4. Ew human contact on public transport. So gross.
Someone touched my hand on the tube by mistake.
— Anna (@AnnaSels) July 13, 2017
5. Didn’t realise this was a genuine concern but all the people on the Overground do seem rather cool, don’t they?
I never feel cool enough to be on overground 🙄 #LondonProblems
— Lisa Childs (@LisaCChilds) June 15, 2017
6. Oh no, a further 20 paces?! We want the bus to drop us right to our doorsteps please.
— Camp Ben (@camp_ben) June 12, 2017
7. So many exhibitions, so little time.
Similarly, no idea when I'll fit in all these Russian Revolution exhibitions. #LondonProblems
— David Jones (@schnuckster) June 10, 2017
8. Probably one of the worst feelings in the world 😭
Nothing feels more middle class than looking forward to avocado on toast & poached eggs and the avocado not being ripe #FirstWorldProblems
— Sian James (@SianJSkincerity) August 12, 2017
— Rachel Haddock (@RachelHaddock1) June 8, 2017
10. We all become Olympic sprinters during rush hour, don’t worry.
— Natalie Rowena (@natbat91x) June 7, 2017
11. When your macaroni and cheese is getting cold and the person in front can’t decide on what plant milk to have in her latte 😠
— jamsandwich (@jamsandwich) May 5, 2017
12. And our newfound biggest London conundrum:
— Patrick (@Patrick_981) August 14, 2017
Feature Image: Mike Stezycki.
Other times London’s been funny on the Twittersphere:
🤣 21 Hysterical Tweets About Being Drunk On The Tube
🤣 5 Hilarious Twitter Accounts Every Londoner Needs To Follow
🤣 19 Funny Tweets That Perfectly Sum Up London’s Reaction To Waterloo Being F*cked Up