London is known for taking things too far but this stuff? It’s just plain absurd. Thought things couldn’t get any weirder than the rumours about the blowfish cafe? Well think again, friends.
1. London loo tours are actually a thing.
@WEIRDCHRISTMAS could have used her loo plunger stick from my toilet tour yesterday #weirdlondon pic.twitter.com/S4Nv1uMOGI
— Kate Griffiths (@katesfxmakeup) August 31, 2014
2. Art installations include giant thumbs containing 44 years’ worth of nail clippings.
#WeirdLondon – @RipleysLondon have unveiled a giant thumb created out of 44 years’ worth of nail clippings! pic.twitter.com/GwxLkIFEgA — Visit London (@visitlondon) August 28, 2014
3. We’ve had sex shops made out of felt.
4. And Londoners give free shrugs, not hugs.
5. They also sometimes carry teapots on sticks.
Guy on the bus holding a kettle on a big stick #weirdlondon pic.twitter.com/lhWl0TiWOb — Michael Allen (@Michael_K_Allen) September 21, 2013
6. All kinds of weird things happen on public transport…
Slightly disturbed by the man on the Overground who started picking fluff out of his belly button while staring at me. #weirdlondon
— Michael Andrews (@mymindseesaws) July 14, 2013
7. Like pandas on the escalators.
8. And human rodents waiting at platforms…
This guy on the tube yesterday appeared to have a tail. I could’ve sworn it moved once too. #weirdLondon pic.twitter.com/NvhOQJvaf0
— Laura Peatman (@LauraKPeatman) January 27, 2014
9. Dogs tend to prefer prams to leads.
@rufusboo – there’s a few! #weirdlondon pic.twitter.com/VHTIuVdHqw — Vicki Jakes (@wayoutfarvicki) June 3, 2013
10. And humans? They prefer behaving like animals.
Just seen a man walking down the street eating a steak with his hands #weirdlondon
— Miriam Ryan (@MimRyan) April 1, 2013
11. Or posing with dead ones.
Urmm.. okay… #WeirdLondon pic.twitter.com/Esal0F95
— Josh Clarke ☁ (@JoshClarkeDraws) May 20, 2012
12. And don’t forget the llama. Never forget Larry the llama.
Think you’ve seen weirder? Tweet us @Secret_LDN with the hashtag #weirdlondon and we’ll be the judge of that.