The lovely Hampstead; London’s urban village in the not-so-far Zone 2. It’s home to some of the city’s prettiest houses and enviable views of the skyline. And although house prices are rocket high (and we can only dream of being able to afford rent in the North London paradise), we can still top up our Oyster card and let the tranquility of Hampstead wash over our busy London lives – if only for an afternoon.
1. Because it’s the closest thing you’ll get to a quaint country village in London.
2. And is home to some lovely traditional pubs.
A photo posted by Zuleika Conte (@zukiniz) on
3. The Pergola looks like something William Wordsworth could have imagined up.
4. And you won’t get a better view than the one from Parliament Hill.
5. And Hampstead does cute independent coffee shops unlike anywhere else.
6. There’s a new Hampstead Food Market running on Saturdays between 10am – 3pm.
7. Hampstead’s streets are perfect for ambling down.
8. And it’s a place where you can turn the fast London pace down a little.
9. You can feast your eyes on the gorgeous stately home and museum, Kenwood House.
10. The pedestrian only area near the tube station has plenty of boutiques, vintage shops, cafes and pubs to explore.
11. And Hampstead’s back streets are a dreamy place to get lost in.
Why do you love Hampstead (or anywhere else in London)? Tweet us at @Secret_LDN and your suggestions could be featured!