On Tuesday (9th July), 100 warplanes flew over the city in a patriotic flurry of red, white and blue.
Those who were lucky enough to catch the scenes would have seen Typhoon, Tornado and Lightning fighter jets, as well as Puma attack helicopters, huge refuelling tankers, transport aircraft and airborne reconnaissance, amongst others. Now, I don’t really understand what that means, but apparently it’s A Pretty Big Deal.
This year, the Royal Air Force were celebrating their 100th anniversary, so there was a lot of hype and a helluva lot of this → ?. But there were also some fantastic photos taken of the occasion! Here goes:
1. We’ll start with this epic shot. (? by @danno151515)
2. If you look really closely, you’ll see Queenie & Co. (? by @andresbalcazar_)
3. Give us a wave, Liz. (? by @jake.fenton)
4. United we stand. (? by @intereverything)
5. Imagine having that view. (? by @levanterman)
6. Whooooosh. (? by @descurran)
7. ❤️⚪️? (? by @dhrxv)
8. The spectacular scenes from Trafalgar Square. (? by @soaniclb)
9. …and in Windsor. (? by @kerrybalenthiran)