Ever looked up from the Metro on your morning commute, only to spot Benedict Cumberbatch? Nope. Us neither. It’s probably because that the A-List ride don’t work 9-5 and can avoid the mayhem of London peak times. But every now and then, a famous face does make an appearance on the Underground. Sometimes it goes unnoticed, other times they get snapped…
1. Ri-Ri practically glows on the Underground and puts our sweaty commuter faces to shame.
2. Kendall Jenner looks slightly nervous (we would too if we saw the eager looking man in the bottom right hand corner).
3. That’s it Geri, join us on the dark side.
4. Nice to see Jay Z & Chris Martin stay (under)grounded.
5. Rumour has it 1D’s Niall Horan has teamed up with TFL. They’re creating an immersive game ‘Where’s Niall’ to try and attract more millennials on the Underground.
6. The Queen brings Buckingham Palace sass to the ‘royal’ carriage.
7. And Kate brings some Middleton class.
8. Nicole Sherzinger tried to be inconspicuous on the Northern Line.
9. Benedict Cumberbatch with one of his Cumber-betches.
10. Ed Miliband is clearly unsatisfied with the priority seat.
11. “Let’s go for a ‘candid’ shot,” says David Cameron.
12. David Tenant in an actual candid shot.
13. The Underground has drained all colour out of Jesy from Little Mix. And, clearly, driven her slightly mad.
14. Ellie Goulding checking out the goss about her own love life in the Metro.
15. 1D’s Harry ‘styling’ out his journey home. He’s one of those buggars who jams up the door.
16. Judging by Eddie Redmayne’s serious face, we think he was using the ride to practice his Les Mis lines.
17. And of course, the one who knows nothing. Kit Harington / Jon Snow
For more celeb snaps, check out our sister site Secret NYC to see which A-Listers have been hopping on the subway.